This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is desgined to provide a wide variety of healthcae professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. The Amarican Heart Associacion BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
In these semi-private classes, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor individually to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
$80 per person for Initial Certification
$55 per person for Certification Renewal if within 2 years of initial certification or last renewal.
$40 per person for BLS Skills Assessment only (must have proof of completion of AHA BLS online course)
Call for discount pricing for groups of 10 or more.
For more information contact Connie Mullen.